As a follow up to Resolutions’10.
So its about to be a month since the beginning of the new year and hence my implementations of the resolutions which I blabbered about all over in my previous post. And its my moral responsibility towards “mujhe chahne wale” people, towards “I told you so keep the resolutions in heart, dont just pen them down” people and towards those who have a secret crush on me ;)(if any :D), to update about my status.
1.Addiction of Caffeine:- Notice the word addiction, you get to know that you are addicted to something or somebody only when you try to lose them. And so thats the case with me too. I just came to realise that, wow I have an addiction, I am addicted to caffeine. Although the case is better than the pre-resolution time but to bring it down to a ground low is I think impossible for me, especially with our profs taking so much pleasure in providing us a good 3 hour sleep daily and the coffee centre being so close to the classroom. The chaos at the core-2 coffee shop is not enough to shake my determination of grabbing a cup of coffee.And ya, while writing this para, I coulnt resist going two floors down to have a cup of coffee. 😀
2. The Nocturnal Me:- There is a story which I heard when I was small. A crow jealous of peacock, tries to disguise itself as the peacock by wearing its feathers, but when it speaks it gets caught. Same story with me, however hard I try to become a human by waking up in the morning to attend the classes and claiming to my friends on the friday “Is hafte maine sari classes ki hain”, the saturday brings forth my true self. Except for the cases when I am summonned by my professor to attend some seminar or something, 😀 I need some inspiration on the weekends to wake up. (Today I woke up at 2 in the afternoon, and missed all the classes as I was not well :D).
3. The Rusted bones:- Maybe the grease got expensive or maybe I got more lazier, this is the only resolution which I havent even touched upon in the whole last month. I cant wake up in the morning to go with manpreet and in the evenings I have no partner. But ya I can claim that my typing speed has increased since the implementation of the resolutions. 😀
4. Talk more, Chat Less:- This is the only resolution I think I am proud of. I have cut down my chatting time. Except for the cases where I have to talk to someone(or to publicize my newly posted post :D), I usually don’t come online. And I have spend some 200 bucks on phone this month. In the present call rates thats somewhere between 330-400 minutes talking to my family and friends. 🙂
5. The Blog is rolling Baby:- Technical posts are bad, they consume a lot of time and no one reads them. 😀 So I dont regret not letting out even a single one. Although that doesnt mean I have totally shunned them. And regarding non tech ones, they are spontaneous and unpredictable, they dont come to the mind everyday, so I am happy with the 3 posts I have written this month. 🙂
So I know I am going to hear a lot of “I told you so” or “koi baat nhn resolutions to todne ke liye hote hain” comments. But its been just a month, and I have a whole 11 months ahead of me for perfection. 🙂
from close quarters,
1. you have improved on this.. taking one coffee instead of two several times
2. you “had” improved on this, but it got broken today i suppose..i was amazed to find you asleep at midnight every nite till last nite
3. I am too lazy to be in favour of any physical activity so no comments
4. Keep it up.. you will reach a fraction of my talktime soon
5. Yeah baby !! You the man !
regarding the point 4.. “i dont have a gf. :)”
u always stick to humor . don’t u???
hehe..!!! its becoz u have ur saas bahu to make u cry…!!!
am i allowed to say “lol” on sanmukh’s reply?
umm well bro i am sorry but…its really irresistible thus……… “I told you so…….. resolutions to todne ke liye hote hain” ………
but then look at the bright side…..teri typing speed badhi….coffee k chakkar main tu 2 floors upar neeche huya… that sums up your physical activity……try and locate your coffee shop a little far from this 2 floor distance….tera ek aur resolution pura ho jayega…..aur agar din main tu 3-4 baar bhi us coffe shop par gaya na
to thak haar k jaldi so hi jayega…..
so all in all………coffee wala resolution tod…..baki sab apne aap to cover kar lega……LOLzzz
hehe…!!! logic to accha hai… 🙂 i can try, bahana mil jayega coffee pine ka… 😛
sanmukh dat was a compliment dear…..
and yeah i don’t watch soap operas !!! u knw dat very well 🙂
it is clearly mentioned in my profile how much i hate them[:P]
hehe i know it was a compliment, nd i kno tat u dont watch soap operas… 😛 it was in general…… nt for “the always cheerful” like u… 🙂
Anuja watches soap operas. She watched every episode of the Big SCB Opera while I was in school and oblivious to all of it.
i ll just say: “another nice post”
it’s a nic theory developed bi raghav agen..nd as usual..do try out yar..
m sure it’l work out n d desird mannr..
thankx shilpi for backing me up……………dekhle gwaanr this is what frnds do…..now common follow up……!!
tujhe pakka bharosa hai ki shilpi tera support kar rahi hai, 😉 may be satirical sense mein kaha ho, waise bhi she says, raghav nd uske fundae… 😀
Your writings seem to be becoming more and more mellifluous…like effortless flow of thoughts.